Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's another MAKEOVER!

Apparently the bug has bitten me lately ~ I have paint all over my hands to prove it!  So last week (or maybe it's been 2 already), I gave this mirror an updated look ~

Nice enough, but kinda boring and didn't fit in with my color scheme anymore.

Much better!


At the time, I had it displayed like this ~

This was okay, but I wasn't really happy with it. 

I knew that I wouldn't be leaving here for long.  It just didn't pop.  However, I decided that it would be fine there until I could figure out what wall to hang it on.  DH was a trooper and held that mirror up to every wall in the house (some twice), but it just didn't look right anywhere.  I was about to give up and accept the fact that this would be it's home until I was organizing the basement.  Two little treasures appeared that gave me a brilliant idea.

What were those treasures you ask?  Well, here they are ~

Two plain barn stars! 

The idea came to mind and I was just hoping that I could make it work.  The first thing that needed to be done was a coat of black paint.

On their way!

The excitement was building.  They still needed a little something.  How about these? ~

DH and my first initials

Black on black wasn't going to work, so out came the colonial red spray paint. Add a little glue and some time.  


Custom monogram barn stars!

The arrangement needed something to finish it off.  How about something significant from our lives?

The year we were married ~ almost 15 years ago!

Put it all together and this is what you get ~

Perfect!!

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!  Personalized and one of a kind!  It was worth digging into the basement for this!




HOG


The Frugal Girls

shabby creek cottage






Photobucket

The Shabby Nest


1 comment:

  1. It's beginning to look a lot like DISNEY in your house.....black, gold, red, and the blue couches really tie it all together. Did you plan that it would resemble all things Disney? Or was that just a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete