Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

Makeover Mondays and Finish Fridays ~ how about I add Thrifty Thursdays!

I have had great luck this week and wanted to start sharing my finds with you.  Every week I will try and show some of the great treasures that I have found.  No ~ I do not go thrifting every week, but over the years I have found many, many treasures that I think you will enjoy.

Let's start with this week's discoveries.  My DH is currently "coaching" at the dealership an hour north of our home.  This gives me the opportunity to explore new thrifting territory when we have lunch together (which we try to accomplish once a week).  Yesterday, we had a lunch date!  It was a good hour spent together ~ we were able to catch up with each other and with what has been happening with the kids.  He's been putting in long hours and time usually runs out at night before we are able to discuss all the events of the day.

After an enjoyable lunch and returning him back to work, I headed to the Krysilis store that is next door to the dealership.  Look what I snagged ~





The small Americana basket was $.25, the strainer was $.50, the bunny, Uncle Sam, and packages of "S" hooks were $.75 each, the long wood tray was $.90, and the NEW candles were $1.50 each.  Double find with the candles ~ they smell sooo good and I love those containers!  The tray and the "S" hooks may be in store for makeovers.  I may try to turn the strainer into a shoo-fly cover.  The Krysilis store may become a weekly stop!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! We need to go to that thrift store in B-town, and the antique barn in G-town (are you getting my code names here? lol)! Thanks for commenting on my blog....I think it works now.

    ReplyDelete